Overshadowing is the power to possess a human, animal, or object and control its actions.
Spirit possession is a paranormal phenomenon in which a ghost takes control of a human body (or other things such as animals), allowing the ghost to completely control his or her subject's actions, words, and sometimes even thoughts. When the ghost leaves the subject's body, the subject loses all memory of what he or she was made to do during overshadowing, except for thoughts given to him or her by the ghost.
- Overshadowing an enemy is a great way to make a fool out of somebody or to enact revenge.
- Danny has used this power to invade other people's dreams.
- In very rare instances, if a half-ghost is overshadowed, his or her ghost half is expelled from his or her body while the overshadowing ghost takes control of his or her human half's body.
- 102. "Parental Bonding"
- 105. "Splitting Images"
- 107. "Bitter Reunions"
- 113. "Fright Night"
- 115. "Public Enemies"
- 116. "Lucky in Love"
- 217. "Kindred Spirits"
- 309. "Frightmare"
- When about to overshadow a subject, the user becomes transparent but looks different than if he were invisible or intangible. Overshadowing is separate from invisibility and intangibility, despite the fact that ghosts appear to be invisible or intangible as they go into their host.
- While a ghost is overshadowing a subject, the subject's eye color and voice change to match that of the ghost. This is likely only to remind the audience that the subject is being overshadowed; it is unlikely that this occurs in-universe.
|Flight | Ghost Ray | Intangibility | Invisibility | Overshadowing | Ghost Physiology | Spectral Body Manipulation|
|Cryokinesis | Duplication | Ghost Shields | Ghost Stinger | Pyrokinesis | Telekinesis | Teleportation | Transformation|
|Electrokinesis | Ecto-Energy Constructions | Energy Absorption | Energy Strike | Ghost Portal Creation | Ghost Sense | Going Ghost | Power Augmentation | Reality Warping | Shapeshifting|
|Atmokinesis | Chronokinesis | Food Manipulation | Fusion | Ghostly Wail | Intangibility Fusion | Plant Manipulation | Repulsion Field | Technopathy|