|"You know our oath: to watch."|
The Observants are an ancient group of ghosts who watch over all events, past, present, and future.
True to their name, the Observants observe the events of both the human world and the Ghost Zone. Although they can see everything that has happened and will happen, they have sworn oaths to never interfere with the course of events. This, however, does not stop them from attempting to get others, such as Clockwork, to manipulate these events.
In "The Ultimate Enemy," two Observants tried to get Clockwork to destroy Danny to prevent the rise of Dark Danny. Clockwork had his own plan, however - rather than destroying Danny, Clockwork gave him a second chance. After the events of the episode, the Observants charged Clockwork with the responsibility for keeping watch over Dark Danny.
In "Torrent of Terror," the weather controlling ghost Vortex was imprisoned by the Observants, who kept him under control with the Spectral Barometer. Vlad Plasmius broke into one of their meetings to steal the Spectral Barometer and take control of Vortex.
Powers and Abilities
- Intangibility: Standard ghost power.
- Invisibility: Standard ghost power.
- Flight: Standard ghost power. The Observants are always seen floating, never walking.
- Temporal Clairvoyance: The Observants possess the ability to see into the past, present, and future.
- 208. "The Ultimate Enemy"
- 304. "Torrent of Terror"
Click here to view the gallery.
- In the video game Danny Phantom: The Ultimate Enemy, they are referred to as the Observers.
- The Observants are similar to the Watchers from the Marvel Comics universe.