The Lunch Lady Ghost, also know simply as the Lunch Lady, is a villain in Danny Phantom. She is the first main villain to appear in the series.
The Lunch Lady made her first appearance in the very first episode of Danny Phantom, "Mystery Meat." When Sam successfully campaigns for the lunch menu to become ultra-recyclo-vegetarian, the Lunch Lady's fury is brought forth. Danny eventually defeats her by capturing her in the Fenton Thermos, marking it's first use. This is the only episode in which she is the main antagonist.
Prisoners of Love
In this episode she appears as a prisoner of Walker's jail, and she works as the lunch lady in the cafeteria. At the end of this episode she works with Danny to start a riot and finally escape from the jail.
The Ultimate Enemy
In "The Ultimate Enemy," albeit she does not appear herself, she is married to the Box Ghost and has a daughter, Box Lunch. Because this happened in an alternate future, it is unknown if this relationship will exist in the current future.
The Fright Before Chistmas
In this episode, the Lunch Lady is one of the ghosts that break in the Ghost Writer's mansion after he broke the truce, and then help Danny save christmas.
In this episode, the Luch Landy had multiple appearances. She was first seen being attacked by the Masters' Blasters, along with Desiree and Skulker on TV during Vlad's speech. Later, she was seen in her "meat suit" attacking Casper High, where she was once again stopped by the Masters' Blasters. She was later in the group of ghost attacking Danny in the Ghost Zone, and was finally seen helping turn the planet intangible.
The Lunch Lady is normally fairly sweet, but can turn vicious. She has a particular fondness for meat. The Lunch Lady greatly wants to preserve the status quo and becomes furious if anyone changes her menu.
During a fit of outrage, the Lunch Lady may suddenly take on a sweet demeanor and offer food to her opponent. She always respond angrily no matter the answer from her opponent, and resumes her attack.
The Lunch Lady Ghost formerly worked at Casper High, and that can be determined due to how she only appeared when Sam changed the lunch menu at Casper High and she states that the menu was the same for the last 50 years.
Powers and Abilities
- Intangibility, invisibility, flight: Standard ghost powers.
- Telekinesis: She can control food, dishes, and other kitchen items. She can turn ovens into fire-breathing monsters.
- Meat Monster Transformation: She can use the meat she controls to turn herself into a giant meat monster. When she is in her meat monster form she is much stronger and highly resistant to attacks.
- Summoning: She can make food such as cookies, cakes, or meat appear out of thin air. She can turn this meat into minions that reform when destroyed.
- 204. "Reign Storm"
- 208. "The Ultimate Enemy" (mentioned)
- 211. "Secret Weapons"
- 217. "Kindred Spirits" (flashback, no lines)
- 312. "Phantom Planet" (no lines)
- Before she became a ghost, it is possible she was elderly, given that she worked at Casper High for fifty years. She still wears a Lunch Lady uniform, so it is possible that she died on the job.
- She is credited as "Meat Monster" in "Phantom Planet."
Click here to view the gallery.