- This page is for Ectoplasm, the viscous substance that makes up all ghosts. For the energy source behind ghost powers, see ghost energy.
Ghost hunters and scientists keep and study samples of ectoplasm to learn more about ghosts. They also use it to harness its energy to power their ghost-hunting equipment.
In "Attack of the Killer Garage Sale," Danny had sucked up Technus into a vacuum and accidentally overloaded it. As a result, the vacuum exploded and caused Technus to also explode into large splatters of green ectoplasm. Later, Technus infused his splattered parts into various devices to reform.
In "Prisoners of Love," Maddie mentions that there's a casserole in the freezer next to the ectoplasmic residue samples before she angrily leaves for Arkansas, leaving Jack to wonder how he'll be able to know which is which.
In "Kindred Spirits," Vlad's multiple clones of Danny all dissolve into ectoplasm whenever Danny defeats them, due to their instability. Dani begins to dissolve whenever she uses too much power, but since she is somewhat more stable she survives.
Later in "D-Stabilized," Vlad sees that Dani is back in Amity Park and is somehow still alive despite looking worse for wear. He sends Valerie to capture Dani so he can melt her down and study her ectoplasmic remains in order to build a better clone. Dani is temporarily melted down, but Danny saves her by using the Ecto-Dejecto on her.
Ectoplasm is a viscous, gooey substance, either green or pink in color. When combining with human DNA, ectoplasm takes on the appearance of a green strand of DNA with a small monster face on it and fuses directly with the human strand.
- Intro: "Danny Phantom Opening"
- 104. "Attack of the Killer Garage Sale"
- 107. "Bitter Reunions"
- 108. "Prisoners of Love" (mentioned)
- 113. "Fright Night"
- 118. "Life Lessons"
- 311. "D-Stabilized"
- According to Butch Hartman, the Ghost Zone is an "endless place of ectoplasm."
- Each Ghost Zone lair has its own type of ectoplasm surrounding it, and if this ectoplasm mixes with that of another lair, they will combust into a ghostly black hole.
- If ectoplasm is used to power kitchen appliances, i.e. food processors and stoves, it will cause the food they are being used on to mutate and come to life. 
Click here to view the gallery.