Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This page is for Danny Phantom (character), the character. For other uses, see Danny Phantom (disambiguation).
Daniel "Danny" Fenton, also known as Danny Phantom, is the half-human/half-ghost main protagonist of the television show series, Danny Phantom. Known as 'Danny Fenton' when a human and 'Danny Phantom' when a ghost, his primary motive is to protect the citizenry of Amity Park from the dangerous ghosts coming through the Fenton Portal.
Living with his ghost-obsessed parents since his birth, Danny had to put up with their unique personalities that often traumatized him as well as constantly listening, by force, to his parents ramble or instruct their children on how their numerous Fenton gadgets worked. However, this did nothing to stop Danny's curiosity that one day changed his life forever. While in his parents' laboratory, Danny had an accident involving the newly built "Fenton Portal", causing his molecular structure to infuse with ectoplasm.
As a result, Danny Fenton becomes a half-human, half-ghost hybrid; he styles himself as a new persona as Danny Phantom, an extraordinary spectral superhero with a ghostly array of other-worldly powers; able to shift between the forms his human-half and his ghost-half at will, coming into a number of various supernatural/paranormal extraordinary abilities. Upon transformation, his normally black hair turns white, his eyes change from sky blue to ectoplasmic green, his skin changes from light to tanned, and his normal attire becomes a black JUMPSUIT suit - with white boots, gloves, belt, and starting from the second season, a "D" emblem with an inner "P" on his chest. Due to a mishap with Desiree, Danny's friend, Sam Manson has to recreate the events that lead up to the accident, where she adds the emblem.
Danny had only had his powers for a full month when he encountered his first big ghost fight. He was unsure of what he was meant to do and whether he should tell his parents of the accident. Fearing their reaction, he was very hesitant to tell them that he was half-ghost due to them being ghost hunters. He still hadn't quite gotten the hang of his powers, often losing control of them at inopportune moments. He finally figures it out after capturing Lunch Lady Ghost with the Fenton Thermos. Since the ghosts were a serious threat to the people of Amity Park, somebody had to step up and do something. Danny decided not to tell his folks and start protecting the people of Amity Park.
In "Bitter Reunions," Danny met Vlad Masters, a millionaire bachelor and Packer's fanatic who went to college with his parents. Vlad became his primary arch-nemesis throughout the series, possessing the same half-ghost powers he does, only twenty years more experienced and with very different intentions.
For the majority of the earlier episodes, Danny Phantom was not particularly a well-known ghost. His major comeuppance in the Amity Park's public eyes came in "Public Enemies" when Walker, a ghost cop, took revenge on Danny by ambushing the entire city, going as far as possessing the mayor, and framing Danny Phantom for all of it, causing the public to shun the ghost boy.
To make matters worse, when Freakshow took control of Danny with his crystal ball staff in "Control Freaks," he forced him to lead a series of ghostly bank robberies. Since then, Amity Park’s local authority have consistently chased after Danny, despite his intentions to bringing about good to the world. He had only his two friends, Tucker Foley and Samantha "Sam" Manson, and his sister Jazz (secretly) supporting him. For a brief time, Paulina also knew and was helping him after she fell in "Lucky in Love" when he saved her and she found out his secret identity. However, it turned out that Kitty had overshadowed Paulina and when Kitty left, Paulina did not remember anything.
Becoming a Hero
He managed to succeed in "Reign Storm" when he fought against the evil ghost king, Pariah Dark and managed to lock him back in his palace. Because of this blatant heroism, 64% of the townsfolk of Amity Park now saw him as good and as a hero. Since then, his popularity has soared, many knowing whom he is, some respecting and looking out for him, etc. Danny also confirms to the whole town at this point that his true name is "Danny Phantom" and not "Inviso-Bill". This also helps his standing in the Ghost Zone, as Frostbite, because of his actions; now call him, “The Great One” and “Savior of the Ghost Zone”. However, of course, the three people he needs to believe in his goodness: his parents and his at-the-time love interest, Valerie, who secretly became a ghost hunter and used Vlad's technology to hunt Danny, still did not believe Danny Phantom was anything but a menace.
In "The Ultimate Enemy," Danny witnessed an alternate future: after cheating on the CAT (Career Altitude Test), Danny's family, friends, and Mr. Lancer all die through a Nasty Burger explosion. Orphaned, Danny moves in with Vlad, the only one who can understand his situation. Danny just wanted to have no pain after his experience. With a great deal of sympathy for the boy, Vlad honored his wishes and removed his ghost half from his human self. As a result, Danny's ghost half went rogue and split Vlad's human half and merged with his ghost self, resulting in the birth of Dan Phantom. After presumably killing his human self and blowing up Vlad's manor, he went on a ten-year world destruction tour. Danny does battle with his future self eventually and with the help of Clockwork, alters his future so that he can have a second chance to undo the damage he would have caused. Because Clockwork said he had given everyone else a second chance, he deserved one too.
In "Reality Trip," an encounter with Freakshow and his Reality Gauntlet resulted in him accidentally revealing his secret to the public, causing wide storm news all over America and a mad pursuit by the Guys in White. While avoiding them, Danny and his friends managed to gather the Reality Gems, and then ultimately stop Freakshow. Using the Reality Gauntlet afterwards, Danny alters everything back to the way it was once was, causing everyone to forget his secret except for his friends, sister and his enemies.
New Allies and Old Friends
In "Kindred Spirits," Danny meets his "third cousin once removed," Danielle a.k.a. Dani Phantom whom he later finds out is one of the many imperfect clones that Vlad has made, struggling to make the "perfect half-ghost son." He has sent Dani to fetch Danny to capture his mid-morph DNA sample for the final processing. Danny managed to convince Dani that Vlad was only using her. Not believing at first, she figures it out by the time he yells at her harshly, causing her to team up with Danny and destroy his clone lab, including his perfect clone. Despite the fact she previously knocked him out before, twice in fact, Danny saved his "cousin" from Vlad when he attempted to kill her. With Vlad defeated, Dani flies off, vowing to meet again.
After getting lost in the Ghost Zone, Danny and company encountered a Yeti-like ghost named "Frostbite", who leads a tribe of icy ghosts who idolized Danny as a hero and as the 'Savior of the Ghost Zone' for defeating Pariah Dark. He later gained their help when he develops ice powers.
Another important note is that in "Urban Jungle," Danny stated that he was a duly appointed deputy of Amity Park, meaning that he is now, officially recognized as the town's protector. By the time of "Forever Phantom," Danny Phantom's popularity has achieved a level comparable to a rock star's level, as mobs of adoring fans and the news media constantly chased him. In "Phantom Planet," he reveals his identity to the world and they make statues of him holding up the world as thanks.
In "Claw of the Wild," the Casper High students went camping for the summer; there the kids were kidnapped by beasts sent by Walker and his cops--at first to capture Wulf who coincidentally was in the same area as the campers--and eventually gain Danny's attention. Danny reunited with Wulf who once again had run away from Walker and his men. With Sam and Wulf's help, Danny managed to save Tucker and his classmates, then declared to Wulf they are forever "Amigos" before he runs--free once more.
In "D-Stabilized," Dani Phantom had returned to Amity Park, seeking Danny to ask his help on stabilizing her. He found a way with a new Fenton creation named "Ecto-Dejecto," which was originally meant to destroy ghosts, but ended up making them stronger, increasing their ghostly status. Managing to convince a reluctant Valerie, she and Danny charge into Vlad's manor where Plasmius was currently destabilizing Dani. Danny uses the Ecto-Dejecto on her, but it seemed to have no effect on her, causing her to fade away, leaving him to think that he had failed her and that Vlad had destroyed her. Luckily, Dani returns from her puddled mess, now fully stable. After defeating Vlad, she decides to again venture off on her own, Danny asking her to be safe.
Because of his family's and the whole town's hatred of ghosts (and after a long period of calling Jack and Maddie "kooks" and "weirdos" and denying that ghosts existed at all), then being attacked by hundreds of them, Danny has told no one, except his friends, Tucker Foley and Sam Manson, about his powers. He struggles to hide his ghost identity from his family. His parents, Jack and Maddie Fenton, and his sister, Jazz Fenton, although she realized that Danny was the half-ghost in the episode "My Brother's Keeper," and has since covered for him even after she told Danny that she knew of his secret identity in "The Ultimate Enemy." She has since become a bit of a pain by trying to "help" Danny with her more "mature" outlook on the situation despite not really knowing what she's gotten herself into. Including, keeping a logbook of ghosts, with woefully inaccurate information in it. Some of his enemies have also figured out his secret identity and have tried to exploit it as Technus did in "Flirting With Disaster."
A Bright Future
After Vlad ran for mayor in Danny's hometown of Amity Park, Danny had to frequently deal with him as well as new and old ghosts, now as the town's duly deputized protector. "Phantom Planet" gave him his ultimate task when upon meeting up with Vlad's Masters Blasters; Danny questioned his superhero business. Zapping himself in the Fenton Portal, which his parents had recently stripped back down to its original configuration, he regained his humanity with his only shred of evidence as half ghost being a white streak in his hair. At the same time, a much bigger crisis--namely that of a Dis-Asteroid aims for Earth, timed to collide in a week's time destroying the entire planet.
With renewed determination, Danny regained his powers through multiple blasts from ghosts, affecting his white streak, which further expands throughout his body, reclaiming his half ghost status. Gaining every single human being on Earth's attention, he announces a plan to phase the entire planet - so the asteroid can pass through harmlessly. Gaining help from "a bazillion ghosts" after much convincing, humans and ghosts work side by side, as they successfully save the world from disaster. His secret identity is finally revealed to the world and Danny is hailed as a hero all over Earth.
His dream is to be an astronaut when he becomes an adult.
At the beginning of the series, Danny is an average, awkward, nervous and friendly teenager. Like most teenagers, he has crushes on girls, occasional desires to be popular, a dislike of bullies, and embarrassment about his parents. Unlike them, though, he is afraid of anyone discovering his hard-to-control ghost powers, making him go from being a "geek" to a "freak". Not even sure about how to use his powers, Danny simply longs to be normal and unnoticed by anyone. But after he fights the Lunch Lady Ghost, he realizes he can use his powers to save others from ghost attacks, and dedicates his free time to catching troublesome ghosts. This new-found sense of purpose begins to change Danny into a heroic, brave young man.
Over time, Danny gains confidence in himself and his abilities. He isn't scared of fighting ghosts, usually taunting them and putting all of his energy into fighting them off. He also gradually finds Dash more annoying and troublesome. As he faces more villains and bigger threats, Danny accepts that it's his responsibility to save those in need of help, sometimes endangering himself to do so. By "Public Enemies," although many people think he's a bad guy, Danny is still determined to keep protecting Amity Park from ghosts, his dedication paying off when people begin to accept him as their hero in "Reign Storm."
On the downside, he can sometimes become overconfident and impulsive, assuming he can defeat anyone easily or do whatever he wants without any consequences. This might lead him to use his ghost powers to take revenge on bullies, cheat on a test, or even just ignore an impending situation so that he can enjoy something. When someone like Sam tries to warn him about his actions, Danny can be ignorant and disagreeable, only to find out he was wrong later. Despite these issues, once Danny figures out what he has caused, he works hard to set things right, whether it be apologizing or saving the day.
When he's not worrying about ghosts, Danny is naturally kind, easy-going, and helpful. On the other hand, he can be grumpy, frustrated, stressed, and mean, often making sarcastic remarks or his eyes glowing green from anger. Danny rarely gets extremely mad or emotional, only taking important matters personally like Vlad and Dan. His ghost hunting often cuts into his school work time, but he does work hard after he puts his mind on the task at hand - except when he's lazy or distracted. Danny isn't the smartest person around, but he is clever at devising plans, having good ideas and using resources, like his powers, Fenton equipment, and friends with different talents. He loves making puns and exchanging witty banter during his fights, and while there's moments when he under-appreciates his friends, he is thankful to have them.
Sam MansonA friend of his since at least the second grade, Danny's friendship with Sam is not always as strong as the one he has with Tucker, in part due to their mutual stubbornness and in part to differences of opinions on matters, but he values her friendship just as much as he values Tucker's. The two held mutual feelings for each other, but Sam's feelings for Danny have always been stronger than his ans she takes great offense on Danny not considering her "pretty" as Paulina. The remark was noted due to his inability to speak to her and ask her to be his date to the prom, however she pushes him to do it either way out of spite; however he succeeds on getting her to go with him to the dance, but only because she believed she was taking him away from Sam, believing they were an actual couple (and due to the Amulet of Aragon which Danny gave her as a present). When preparing for the dance, Danny noticed that she actually wanted to go to the dance despite denying it first, and thus he overshadows Tucker so they all go to the prom where Paulina reveals her real reason for going to the dance with Danny to Sam in the girls bathroom and gives her the amulet which then turns Sam into a dragon when she gets mad at her. There Danny finds himself forced to fight her to stop her rampage. After their fight they dance the final song together. As their relationship develops, her feelings for Danny grow stronger and become more evident whereas he remained oblivious to them. This is not to say he didn't feel attracted to her (at least deep inside) as hinted by the wistful smile on his face after their "Fake Out Make Out" used as a cover to distract Valerie when she was hunting him in the park, to which she remarks, "Ah, gross, loser love! I always knew you two geeks would end up together." Following those events, Danny finally falls in love with Sam, this time, however, was the effect of Ember's love spell which. When fighting the ice ghost Kempler, Sam offers her hands to warm his hands while inside the Speeder Specter, to which they both blush and giggle. On their return to Amity Park, they discover a ghost named Ember who controls people through music, except for Danny who was half ghost and Sam who wore the Fenton Headphones all day; when wondering why she wasn't affected he suggests it might have been due to her individuality and intelligence; during their flight at Ember's day concert, Sam looks at Danny in his ghost form, this being the first time she realizes might feel something stronger form him. During their struggle, when getting enough power, Ember was able to affect his human side enough to make him fall in love with Sam and keep him distracted. Under this effects, he was madly obsessed with Sam to the point of disregarding their own lives and meditating over photos and a streak of her hair while grounded on his room. When looking for him in his room to stop Ember from taking over the world through her concert, he gleefully compares them to Romeo and Juliet, only that he was Juliet, and she was Romeo. After releasing Tucker from school where he was freed from Ember's control thanks to the learning helmet, he congratulates them both, thinking they were finally dating, saying, "Man, it’s about time!" Sam, however, quickly dismisses the idea saying that maybe she wanted it but not like this. The effects of the spell are broken when Sam eventually kisses Dash on the mouth so Danny can finally fight Ember, which breaks his heart badly and sets him into warpath with Ember: "...I feel like my heart’s been ripped out. But I know who I can take it out on!" After defeating Ember, they return to their everyday relationship.
Further on, her feelings are more evident when she goes totally jealous and angry when Danny began dating Paulina who saw him going human after he defeated Johnny 13's Shadow, going so far to even punch a locker and dent it. However this was actually Kitty who overshadowed Paulina by accident, originally intending to possess Sam, noting Danny liked her too.
- Kitty: (while in Paulina's body) I was going to overshadow your friend, the spooky chick in black. You like her, don't you?
- Danny: Sam? Well... I...uh
However, she ends in Paulina, with whom he was still in love, and blackmails him to be her boyfriend with whom he makes a plot so she goes back with him.Sometime later, the strength of their friendship would be tested when Freakshow an his Circus Gothica arrive into town. When using an ancient crystal ball staff, Freakshow gains control over Danny's mind due to his half ghost nature forcing him to go rogue, stealing banks for him, and preform circus acts in his circus in which he jeopardizes Sam's life.
Tucker serves as Danny's primary best friend as the two often share many things in common as well as share in general. The only two things Danny and Tucker do not share is Danny's ghost powers (which made Tucker envious of him for a time) and Danny's romantic feelings for Sam. Danny often takes Tucker's side whenever his other friend, Sam, tends to berate him. He rarely ever argues with Tucker, with the only times being when the two are on opposite ends of an issue.
At first, Danny was at odds with his sister, often exhibiting hostility due to her more intelligent and slightly snobbish nature, despite her concern and protection over her little brother. In "My Brother's Keeper" it was revealed that when Danny was eight years old, the two had been quite close and talked all the time--before Jazz became, as Danny once stated, "a fink" and a "conceited snob." As the show progresses however, Jazz eventually mellowed down as well as accepted Danny as a half-ghost, often covering up for him. The two have since formed a much tighter bond though they still like to pick on each other as seen in "The Fenton Menace."
Jack and Maddie Fenton
Like Jazz before, Danny sometimes feel at odds with his folks. Danny at an earlier age once connected greatly with his mother, but they grew apart over time. While it seems he does not always feel safe with his parents (especially with their desire to hunt ghosts, including tearing his ghost half apart molecule by molecule), he still shows love and concern for them as much as they do in return. In "Phantom Planet," his parents finally learn he is Danny Phantom, and they easily accept him.
Valerie GrayDanny's opinion of Valerie was anything but kind in their first meeting, as he was not a fan of her egotistical and angry attitude, that along the fact that she wanted to hunt him down for something he was not entirely guilty of. Unbeknowst to them, Vlad grants her the equipment needed to hunt him down, and Cujo, the Ghost Dog. Such was his dislike of her,that he would refuse to allow her to sit next to him and Sam during a basketball game, even though she was Tucker companion, knowing it was her who was hunting him; and even after finally getting rid of him and explaining it wasn't his fault and he felt guilty, she insisted on hunting him. The friction between them worsened when she hunted him as Danny Phantom on the way to school causing them to be late for it and then forced to work together taking care of a flour sack baby for a Health Science class. Secretly, Skuler watches their fight and decides to test them both, thus, he kidnapps their flour baby and uses it as a bait for a trap. They wake up in the ghost zone, and were forced to work together to escape from Skulker who left them stranded on his island to determine which one of them was the ultimate prey for his hunt, and such, for their mutual benefit they had to put their differences aside. When they beat Skulker she says "I never thought a ghost could be anything but trouble", to which he replies "That's because your bothered to get to know one." He then overshadows her to get her home, and started to see her with more compassionate eyes when he had a glimpse of how her life changed after he got her father fired, and realized the she was the person in the Nasty Net suit at the Nasty Burger, to whom he had been rude earlier that day and even took her place at the Nasty Burger for an entire day so she can hunt ghosts to make it up to her . Further on, he begins to see her more as a friend when they shared a hiding spot under a cafeteria table, when Danny was hiding from Dash and Valerie from Nathan who insists on asking her to the prom dance, and checked each other's homework. This allowed Valerie to see Danny's personality past his awkward status in school. When Pariah Dark and his army invaded Amity Park, Danny worked with Valerie again (along with Vlad) in order to stop them as the situation demanded it. At the end her hatred for Danny Phantom was greater as he revealed to her father her secret ghost-hunting life to stop her from taking the Ecto-Skeleton to fight the Ghost King, however her feelings for Danny Fenton began to turn into a romantic interest on him .
When Danny travels 10 years into the future she attacks him on sight as Danny Phantom, having fought with his evil older self for that time, thinking he was the same; yet he appears right afterwards and tussles with her. When throwing her away from the battlefield, Danny hurls himself to rescue Valerie, after which she claims "You are from the past, aren't you? Almost forgot how cute you were back then." Thus, showing that she had fond memories of young Danny that endure all this years despite the acts of his evil self and the hatred she had for Dan Phantom, and that at some point she discovered he was both Danny Fenton and Danny Phantom.Once the time-stream was reestablished and the dystopian future was avoided, some time later, Technus attacks Axion Labs with her suit during a school trip, after which they spend the entire night chatting only. There she learns he always wanted to be an astronaut, and that he bowls with a 150 average, and Danny learns her favorite fruit is kumquat because it's a funny and that she is a ninth degree black belt. The two dated briefly and saw themselves in several romantic situations one after another, not knowing they were being manipulated by Technus who was using their desire for each other and nourishing their relationship so Danny would not stop him from hacking the Cybertron Computer. However when Valerie saw Danny destroying her hunting suit which was controlled by Technus, they were demoralized as she believed he was trying to do that to her and could not bare the feeling and seeing Valerie's reaction. That night, when Danny tries to stop Technus from using Axion's computer, the later gives Valerie a new battle armor which she uses to fight him as Danny Phantom in the outer space, which leads to Danny knocking her out by accident with a ghost stinger. Full of scorn, he then ends uses the X-23 Booster Rocket in overload mode to blowing up Technus as he forced him to hurt Valerie. When Danny was ready to formalize their relationship giving her the graduation ring his dad gave him (believing it was Sam who he was dating thus writing her name in it) and ask her to be his girlfriend for real, she stopped him before he could say anything, due to her current (secret) job as a ghost hunter to protect him (still unaware that Danny Fenton and Danny Phantom are the same). However, Danny still held romantic feelings towards her, and was devastated for not being able to be with her and they would greet each other kindly whenever they see each other. Their last conflict was after she hunts Dani for Vlad under the illusion that she was out to get him and Amity Park, and with the promise of enough money for her and her father to move out of her crony apartment at Elmerton. After she traces she finds her in her human form and chases her inside an abandoned house thinking Dani was running from a ghost. When the house collapses Dani saves her transforming in front of her, nonetheless, she captures Dani and uses her as bait to trap and torture Danny claiming she wanted the "honor of meeting Danny Phantom". Once she had him prisoner, she was ready torture him in order to extract information about the Ghost Portals and the Ghost Zone. Danny agrees to give her all the information she wants about the Ghost Portals, the Ghost Zone and even a map so she can become the best hero ghost-hunter of Amity Park as long as she helps him save Dani from Vlad, claiming she had to do it because she is one of hers, a human. She accepts to work with him (again) to save her from a sure dead as she is half-human, going to Fenton Works first looking for the Ecto-Dejecto, and hurling themselves towards Vlad's Mansion. There they fight a clone of Vlad, finally defeating him with Dani's help after she is finally stabilized. Once defeated Dani leaves and Danny hands himself to Valerie, fulfilling his end of the deal, but much to his surprise she refuses to take him captive again, letting him go free but warning him to be ready because "tomorrow, it's game on!" and blasts him the the butt as he leaves.She was last seen cheering for Danny with the crowd after he revealed his identity to the world.
Vlad is Danny's arch-rival and his arch-enemy, a mostly mutual feeling. Danny is often at odds with the other half ghost as he often has to resist his offers to join his side and be his son. However, by "Eye for an Eye" the two have become more antagonistic with Vlad no longer seeking Danny's affections. For his part, Danny takes it upon himself to constantly insult and defeat him every chance he gets, though when the situation arises, the two are often forced to work reluctantly side to side. Only in the alternative future set in "The Ultimate Enemy" does Danny treat Vlad as anything less than an antagonist. Danny often calls Vlad a 'fruitloop,' along with his clone, Dani.
Vlad's also known for his obsession with Danny's mother, Maddie. He is constantly trying to take Maddie from her husband, Jack, who think of Vlad as an old friend, completely oblivious to the fact that he is trying to kill him. In "Phantom Planet," Jack finally learns the truth and has a loathing for his so-called friend.
Being an imperfect clone of Danny, Danielle is like him in most ways, which makes her an easy person for him to talk to. The two were on opposing teams until Dani realized her creator, Vlad, was only using her and defected. However, Danielle did not stay with Danny and went out to explore the world, though she promised to return at some point. Danielle reappears in "D-Stabilized," searching for Danny to find a cure for her dissolving ailment. Danny managed to find her a cure, stabilizing her DNA. She once again decides to head off, but promises once again to come back to him. She makes a final cameo appearance in "Phantom Planet," though the two had no interactions.
Despite their knowing each other for short time, they already have developed a close brother and sister-like bond, always trusting and being protective of each other.
Dan Phantom is Danny's ultimate enemy. Danny is at odds with his other enemies, including Vlad, but Dan is a whole other story. Dan is, or was, Danny's future self, but the events causing Danny to turn into Dan were averted through Clockwork's intervention. Danny and Dan have not encountered each other since Dan's imprisonment in Clockwork's lair.
Skulker is one of the many ghost enemies Danny has to fight--but has proven to be by far his most persistent foe. During the course of the series Skulker has tried to kill Danny and turn him into some sort of a trophy, beforehand declaring only to "plan on simply capturing you and letting you live the rest of your life in a cage before ultimately vowing to rest your pelt at the foot of my bed!" Despite their animosity, Skulker is usually the first ghost Danny asks for help when a much bigger threat comes up, an alliance the ghost hunter is usually reluctant towards, but ultimately accepting of, if only due to the serious consequences that could occur if he declined.
Danny met the yeti-like ghost when he, Sam and Tucker were lost in the Ghost Zone. Frostbite and his people treat Danny like a king due to his contribution in saving the Ghost Zone (and Earth) from Pariah Dark. Danny considers Frostbite a friend and a mentor after learning how to control his cryokinesis thanks to Frostbite's training, and is happy to help him out, such as when Vlad stole the Infi-map from him in.
Danny is shown to have a crush on Paulina, which is severe to the point that his computer password is "Paulina Fenton." In his first interaction with her, Danny asks her out for the prom, though she initially rejects until she believes that he and Sam were dating and she wanted to steal him from her. However, once learning that the two were not dating, she dumped him and rejected his further advances. After saving her life as Danny Phantom, Paulina developed a massive crush towards Danny Phantom (still believing that he was called "Inviso-Bill"), but continued to ignore and reject Danny Fenton. It is shown, however, that the crush on the ghost half is bigger than the rejection towards the human half, when everyone, including Paulina, temporarily find out Danny's identity, and she still likes Danny. As the series progresses, Danny's feelings for Paulina fade to make room for his feelings for Valerie and eventually Sam.
Powers and Abilities
Danny possesses various superhuman attributes as a result of his unique physiology. He can freely use a variety of ghostly powers. He possesses some of his ghost powers in his human forms such as invisibility, intangibility, ghost ray, ghost sense, healing factor as well a low degree of enhanced strength and reflexes.
- Going Ghost: Danny is able to transform from human to ghost and vice versa at will. His transformation is often be accompanied by his battle cry, "I'm going ghost!" or a variant thereof. Once transformed he can use all of his ghost powers.
- Invisibility: Danny is able to become invisible to both humans and ghosts and can only be seen through specialized vision devices. Danny can share his invisibility with other people or objects when in physical contact with them. He can turn invisible even while in human form. While invisible he is still tangible, unless he also turns intangible, and is still detectable by means other than vision.
- Intangibility: While intangible, Danny's body can pass straight through solid objects, allowing him to walk through walls and even people, and reach into any closed container, even his own body. He can turn other people and objects intangible through physical contact (it is mentioned to cause a slight tingling sensation). Danny can turn intangible even while in human form. This power was the hardest for Danny to control at first, often activating at embarrassing times such as when asking a girl out. While intangible he is still visible, unless he also turns invisible.
- Flight: While Danny is a ghost, gravity doesn't affect him. This allows him to fly through air and space at considerable speeds and heights. His speed was first measured in "Maternal Instinct" to be 112 mph, though he has gotten even faster since then. When floating or flying, his bottom half sometimes turns into a ghost tail. In addition, due to not being affected by gravity, Danny can stand on and walk along vertical surfaces such as walls and ceilings.
- Overshadowing: Danny can overshadow a human being, an animal, or an inanimate object from within by phasing completely into the subject's body, allowing him to completely control that person's actions. While overshadowing, Danny can still use his powers of flight, intangibility, invisibility, and ghost rays. The subject has no memory of what he or she did while overshadowed. This power has other uses and manifestations like:
- Software Fusion/Data form: Danny can introduce himself into computer software, just like Technus. While overshadowing a video game character, Danny's ghost powers and appearance become those of his avatar. This may be an extension of Danny's overshadowing power, or it may have been a new power he gained through the use of the Fenton Helmet.
- Exorcism: Danny is able to separate an overshadowed person from the ghost that possessed them simply by using his hand or a ghost ray, or by flying through the person.
- Dream Invasion: Danny is able to overshadow a sleeping subject in order to get inside their dreams and interact within them.
- Ecto-Energy Manipulation: Danny can control ecto-energy for a variety of uses.
- Ghost Ray: Danny can fire an ectoplasmic green and white energy blast from his hands or fingertips. He can launch ghost rays as a single beam of energy, or as thrown projectiles which can take various shapes. These blasts often explode on contact and are powerful enough to melt metal.
- Light Projection: Danny can project a green light from his hand by using ecto-energy.
- Ectoplasmic Energy Shield: Danny can create a shield of ecto-energy that can withstand or even reflect attacks from other ghosts. Like his ghost rays, Danny's shield is green in color.
- Duplication: This power allows Danny to create one or more whole or partial clones of his body. After seeing Vlad do it, Danny spends much of the series trying to master this power, finally realizing it in "Torrent of Terror."
- Ghostly Chill: Danny can use cold energy for a variety of uses.
- Ghost Sense: This power subconsciously activates when Danny is in the presence of other nearby ghosts. This power manifests as a blue mist that comes out from his mouth and sometimes makes him shiver.
- Cryokinesis: In "Urban Jungle," it was revealed that Danny had the power of cryokinesis, and that his ghost sense was but a subtle manifestation of it. Using cryokinesis, Danny can shoot beams of icy energy from his hands or eyes and radiate cold energy from his body, and create objects out of thin air using ice. When using this ability, his eyes turn blue instead of their usual green. Danny can combine cryokinesis with his other powers to enhance their effects.
- Ghostly Wail: The ghostly wail is Danny's unique ability to generate an extremely powerful blast from his vocal cords. The sonic waves are imbued with pure ecto-energy and can cause great damage to Danny's foes. Almost nothing can withstand this attack. Using the ghostly wail heavily drains Danny's powers, often forcing him to revert to human form after just one wail.
- Superhuman Strength: When he’s a ghost, gravity doesn't affect Danny so he can lift really heavy things. Danny has been seen to be strong enough to rip through reinforced titanium.
- Superhuman Durability: While human, Danny can withstand many hits and blows that would cause injure to any normal teenager, and in his ghost form, his body is incredibly resistant to damage, having sustained several strong blows from his opponents without showing notable injury. Danny is also capable of healing at much greater speeds than that of an ordinary human.
- Superhuman Stamina: While human, Danny has the same stamina as an average 15-year-old teenager, but in his ghost form, he can physically exert himself at peak capacity for hours before fatigue begins to impair him.
- Superhuman Agility: In his ghost form, Danny's power of flight gives him agility, balance, and bodily coordination that are enhanced to levels that are beyond human limits.
- Superhuman Reflexes: While being ghost, he has drastically enhanced reaction speed, being able to dodge attacks with ease. In "Beauty Marked," he caught an arrow in midair using his bare hands.
- Paranormal Immunity: As a half ghost, Danny is resistant or totally immune to several attacks or effects from ghost powers. Examples of this is when Ember's music could not affect him until she got more powerful, and he was immune to Spectra's ghost illness.
- Spectral Body Manipulation: Danny can bend, twist, and otherwise manipulate his body far beyond the limits of normal human physiology.
- Weather Control (formerly): After Danny's first battle with Vortex in "Torrent of Terror," he accidentally gained some of Vortex's power, allowing him to control the weather like Vortex. This power was linked to Danny's emotional state, with calm weather when Danny was calm and stormy weather when Danny was angry. Danny lost this power during his second fight with Vortex.
- Telekinesis: Visible only in the form of green energy emanating from his hand, this power allows Danny to move objects from a distance. Danny has only been seen using this power once, to hand the Box Ghost a rake while he was working for Pandora.
- Vacuum Resistance: It was shown in "Flirting With Disaster" and "Phantom Planet" that Danny can be in outer space without using an astronaut suit and not be affected by stardust or cosmic radiation, though he still needs a helmet.
- Underwater Breathing: Twice, Danny has been shown breathing and talking under water.
- Indomitable Will: Danny (as a human or as a ghost) has a very strong will. He is able to resist Freakshow's control over him. Danny's determination allows him to fight on even if his chances of winning are almost none.
- Fenton Weaponry Mastery: Danny can use his parents' weapons with great expertise and ease, sometimes even better than his parents, who created said weapons.
- Quick Learning Ability: Over the series, Danny (Fenton and Phantom) manages to emulate or quickly learn many of the powers his enemies use against him, some of them with incredible ease and even without training. Examples:
- The first time Danny used a ghost shield was mere minutes after seeing Vlad use one, without any training beforehand.
- Danny learned to use his ice powers in just one day, with the training of Frostbite.
- Danny learned Sampson's body language remarkably quickly.
- Danny got an "A-" on his literature test with just one day of study.
- Experienced Pilot: Danny is a considerably skilled pilot, having an experienced history with spaceship simulator video games as well as with his parent's Specter Speeder. He was once able to land a spaceship due to his "training."
- Skilled Tactician: Danny is an excellent strategist, despite his relatively young age. In the episode "Pirate Radio," he demonstrated the ability to formulate relatively complex plans to save their parents from Ember and Youngblood. He is also very good at improvisation, as he often manages to think of a plan to fit a rapidly changing situation.
- Ghost-Weapons: In his ghost form, Danny is vulnerable to all anti-ghost weapons, including the Fentons' and Plasmius' gadgets, and the Guys in White's weaponry. Some devices can hurt him not only in his ghost form but also in his human form, such as the Specter Deflector.
- Ecto-ranium: As a half ghost, Danny can be hurt by ecto-ranium.
- Blood Blossoms: When in the presence of Blood Blossoms, Danny is rendered not only powerless, but also suffers extreme physical agony until they are removed from his presence. Since Vlad was able to stand near them in his human form, it is assumed that they do not harm half-ghosts in human form.
- Infrared Vision: Danny can be seen with infrared visors as he still irradiates heat in his ghost form.
- Main article: Danny Phantom (character)/Clothes
- Danny Phantom appears as a cameo in the MAD series in the Episode 5 Extreme Renovation: House Edition: Danny Phantom with Casper the Friendly Ghost can be seen floating inside Superman's new closet.
- Intro: "Danny Phantom Opening"
- Every episode of Season 1
- Every episode of Season 2
- Every episode of Season 3
- Main article: Danny Phantom (character)/Quotes
- During Danny's character conception, Butch wanted him to ride a motorcycle like the Marvel superhero Ghost Rider, and use gadgets to fight ghosts. But once he decided to give him powers, including the ability to fly, he no longer needed a cycle to get around on. However, Danny eventually drives a motorcycle in the series, during the episode "Livin' Large", when he borrows Johnny 13's motorcycle to stop the Guys In White from destroying the Ghost Zone.
- At first, he was meant to be named "Jackie" after Jackie Chan, but then Butch decided to name him Danny.
- Danny is a certificated junior astronaut.
- The only historical quote Danny knows is "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself", from Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- According to the Guys In White, Danny Phantom is "an entity of scale 7 ectoplasmic power." This is a reference to Ghostbusters.
- Danny handwrites in cursive, as seen in the episode "One of a Kind."
- Danny is the only character in the show to have appeared in all 53 episodes, including the four specials.
- Danny makes a cameo and is mentioned in a Snafu comic, The Grim Tales. In Grimm’s flashback Danny is seen working at Nasty Burger and Clockwork brings up young Danny to Dan. However he might make an appearance in PPGD.
- Danny Phantom makes a cameo in The Fairly OddParents! episode "Poltergeeks," Danny is in his ghost form with the word "Wanted" on the bottom of the TV Screen in the Ghost lab.
- The first time Danny had his "D" logo was in the episode "Teacher of the Year," when he fused with his video game avatar to defeat Technus.
Click here to view the gallery.