|"Beware! I am the Box Ghost! I have control over all containers cardboard and square."|
The Box Ghost is a recurring ghost villain in Danny Phantom. He is the laughing stock of the Ghost Zone due to his incompetence and comically egotistical behavior. He usually appears as a minor character and often serves as comic relief instead of being an actual antagonist.
The Box Ghost first appears in "One of a Kind." He makes his attack on a warehouse, and is defeated by Danny and captured. He returns to Danny's class at the end of the episode, only to be defeated again.
In "Splitting Images" the Box Ghost attacks Danny in the beginning of the episode and humiliates Danny by hurling a "My Fair Lady" costume at Danny. The Box Ghost returns at the end of the episode with his new name, "The Mechanical Frog Ghost," but he immediately changes his mind when the mechanical frog malfunctions.
In "Prisoners of Love," Danny finds the Box Ghost in the Ghost Zone in an area where human-world objects are kept. Walker finds them and arrests them both. In prison, the Box Ghost and all the other ghosts team up with Danny to escape.
He briefly appears in "Identity Crisis," taking offense to Danny's and his friends' perceived low threat level of him.
In the alternate future of "The Ultimate Enemy," he and the Lunch Lady Ghost are married and have a child named Box Lunch. This future Box Ghost is much more serious and is no longer the comic relief he once was.
He returns in "The Fright Before Christmas" as one of the ghosts who helped Danny save Christmas, using his powers to return all the presents (in boxes) to their homes.
He later makes another appearance in "Secret Weapons," where he traps Tucker and Sam and fights Danny. Jazz tries (unsuccessfully) to help capture the Box Ghost (whom she mistakenly called "Crate Creep"), but ends up capturing Danny in the Fenton Thermos instead.
His biggest appearance is in "Boxed Up Fury." Frustrated by his lack of recognition in the Ghost Zone and his own pathetic weakness, he steals Pandora's Box and uses its evil powers to wreak havoc on Amity Park. Danny and Pandora defeat him together and force the Box Ghost to clean up the mess he created.
The Box Ghost's final appearance is in the series finale, "Phantom Planet." He is seen once being defeated by Masters' Blasters and again at the end as one of the many ghosts who help Danny save the Earth.
The Box Ghost appears as a short, somewhat round man with blue skin and short black hair. He wears gray overalls, a gray hat, light gray gloves, a light gray undershirt and dark gray shoes.
Powers and Abilities
- Intangibility: Standard ghost power.
- Invisibility: Standard ghost power.
- Flight: Standard ghost power.
- Telekinesis: This is the Box Ghost's main power. He uses this power to control boxes and the objects inside them.
- Spectral Body Manipulation: He can manipulate his body to do things like make his head detach and and spin or his eyes pop out on stalks.
- Ghost Ray (future): The future Box Ghost seen in "The Ultimate Enemy" could fire blue ghosts rays and create purple cubes out of ecto-energy.
- Pandora's Box (briefly): In "Boxed Up Fury," the Box Ghost stole Pandora's Box from Pandora and gained its evil powers. He could make anything he wanted come out of the box as well as use the box to absorb and redirect his enemies' attacks.
- 103. "One of a Kind"
- 105. "Splitting Images"
- 108. "Prisoners of Love"
- 116. "Lucky in Love" (no lines)
- 118. "Life Lessons"
- 204. "Reign Storm"
- 206. "Identity Crisis"
- 208. "The Ultimate Enemy"
- 210. "The Fright Before Christmas"
- 211. "Secret Weapons"
- Next to Skulker and Vlad, the Box Ghost is the third-most seen antagonist ghost in the series.
Click here to view the gallery.